Superhero September HolidaysPosted 10 Sep 2020 by CA Admin
Please help us keep our event COVID safe
- Stay home if you / or your family members have any COVID style symptoms (cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath) OR have been in contact within 14 days of anyone with a confirmed case of COVID. You can be refused entry or asked to leave if you are unwell.
- If you become unwell at the Event please find CAA or Council staff members / or security and seek assistance.
- Patrons must complete the event attendance forms or scan the QR codes
- Remember to practice good hand hygiene and keep socially distant from people who aren’t in your household group
- There are limits to the number of participants/ audiences for our activities at the one time and in the general event area
- Please follow the guidance of event staff and security we are here to keep you safe and help everyone have a good day
Unleash your inner hero these School Holidays
These School Holidays get ready to launch into a series of exciting programs, exhibitions and events at the Caboolture Hub.
FREE Family Fun Day – Saturday 26 September
Dress up as your favourite Superhero and join us for the Family Fun Day at Caboolture Hub on Saturday 26 September from 10am – 2pm.
RSVP TO ATTEND HERE – https://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/Galleries-Museums/Events/RSVP
- 10am – 2pm (various times) – Town Square: Stage Combat Demonstration by Prima Spada School of Fence and Circus Performances by Vulcana
- 10:30 – Library: Superhero Storytime
- 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM – Main Gallery: Opening day of Cleverman Exhibition
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM – Foyer: Superhero badge making with Jennis Ardern
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM – Hub Gallery: The Big Draw with artist Rosie Lloyd-Giblett
Superhero art installations and workshops
Local artist Jennis Ardern will be inspiring young visitors to imagine themselves as the superheroes of their own lives with installations and workshops at the Hub. Since 2018, Jennis has run her popular Inner Hero workshops in schools and through community organisations. She uses superheroes as a way to engage with young people, inviting them to envision themselves as heroes in their own stories, in charge of their own choices, responses to the world and capable of improving the world.
Jennis’s pop art / comic book style inspired artworks which will be displayed throughout the Caboolture Hub through out September and October.
Superhero Badge Workshops
Have a blast making your own superhero badge. You can take our quiz to see what type of superhero you might be. Use this to design your own superhero logo showing everyone your own awesome superhero qualities, you can draw your own ideas or use some of our templates. Then turn your logo into a badge and wear it proudly. You might be fast, caring, brave or deep-thinking, but whatever your strength, every superhero brings something important to the fight against injustice.
Workshops will be run:
- Saturday 26th September 10am – 2pm (as part of Family Fun Day)
- Monday 28th September 9am – 11am
“Picnic” performance by Vulcana Circus
Earnest and Frank live alone and have been very very, very good at following all the important guidance about going out and staying in during the pandemic. They used to meet every Saturday for a picnic but stopped that in March. Today they are meeting for their first appropriately distanced catch-up in what feels like forever. They have been learning new things on zoom, increasing their super powers, practicing their incredible magic skills, and building new excellent inventions. Everyone is welcome to come join in the picnic fun.
- Saturday 26th September – 11am, 12pm, 1pm (as part of Family Fun Day)
Picnic is presented as part of our partnership with Anywhere Festival and Moreton Bay Regional Council.
Studio Fantastico 28th September – 3rd October
Join Moreton Bay Galleries in their Studio Fantastico with moving image activities for young creators to celebrate the opening of Cleverman.
Sign up for morning workshops with our experienced gallery staff. A variety of sessions are available including costume making, Claymation, special effects photoshoot, superhero games and much more. Bookings essential!
Drop in for casual afternoon sessions (limited numbers due to COVID safe restrictions) and enjoy a variety of activities including flip book animation, thaumatropes, movable creatures, graphic illustrations and zine creation.
Borrow a range of comics and graphic novels available at the library.
There are a range of other School Holiday programs happening across the region thanks to our friends at Moreton Bay Council Galleries, Museums and Libraries.
Galleries and Museums – https://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/Galleries-Museums/Events
Library – https://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/libraries/Events/School-Holidays
Get Creative Caboolture is an initiative of Creative Arts Alliance delivered in partnership with Moreton Bay Regional Council and with support from Arts Queensland through our Regional Arts Services Network funding. “Picnic” is also presented in partnership with Anywhere Festival and Vulcana Circus.