About Sunshine Coast
The Sunshine Coast Region is located 100kms north of Brisbane, is 1,633 km2 and home to over 346,000 people.
The Traditional Owners and Custodians of the land are the Kabi Kabi and Jinibara peoples.
Made up of more than 100kms of pristine coastline dotted with popular beaches, and small coastal towns. Half an hour inland lies the Hinterland, consisting of small hamlets and national parks including the Glasshouse Mountains.
Sunshine Coast Arts and Culture
The Sunshine Coast Arts Plan outlines key strategies for continued arts and cultural growth within the region such as:
- Create opportunities to build strong, connected and prolific community of artists, arts practitioners and arts organisations
- Grow local participation in the arts
- Expose locally created content to the world
- A dedicated network of places and spaces for artists to connect, create and collaborate
- Ensure the coast is renowned for its art, and embraced by the local community
There is a range of cultural infrastructure, venues and facilities in the Sunshine Coast Region including:
Other cultural facilities
Sunshine Coast Council supports their local creative sector through professional development and funding opportunities including the following: