Live & Local – Music Industry ProjectPosted 18 Apr 2021 by Katie Edmiston
Through the SEQN Live and Local program we will build the capacity of local live music communities including musicians, businesses and venues, local councils and local industry workers across Gympie, Noosa, Sunshine Coast, Moreton Bay and Redlands.
This cross-regional project will support:
- development of local area Music Working Groups
- mentorship of emerging event curators
- performance opportunities for new and emerging musicians
- support of local venue-based live music industry
- delivery of live music events as part of a region wide micro-festival
- skills and professional development workshops
- local and regional industry roundtables
- support better regulation and policy implementation
- foster a consistent approach to building a sustainable live music industry in our region
- build support for future projects based on the experience, engagement and information gained through the program
Expressions of Interest Now Open – Closing 16 May
EMERGING EVENT CURATORS
Paid part time mentorship opportunity working alongside local, regional, state and national music industry leaders to develop Live and Local events in your local area. Positions available in Gympie, Noosa, Sunshine Coast, Moreton Bay and Redlands.
More info download Live and Local EOI Local Curators
INDUSTRY WORKING GROUP
Are you a local musician, music venue, event organiser, music business that wants to have your say on growing the music industry in your area? Get involved in one of the Working Groups for Gympie, Noosa, Sunshine Coast, Moreton Bay and Redlands.
More info download Live and Local Working Group EOI Google Docs
The SEQN Live and Local is delivered as part of the Regional Arts Services Network program (led by Creative Arts Alliance) in partnership with Gympie Regional Council, Noosa Council, Sunshine Coast Council, Moreton Bay Regional Council, Redland City Council, The Live Music Office and APRA AMCOS.